Friday 17 July 2009

Get yo' French on!


My friend Zack reminded me the other day that it was Bastille Day. Actually, he didn't remind me, he just sent me an instant message saying, "EAT FRENCH FOOD TODAY". I could not imagine why he was so insistant, so I looked at a calendar and realized it was a French holiday. Whoop-te-do! Or shall I say, Ooh La La!


As most of you know, I went to a Le Cordon Bleu culinary academy and was trained in classic French cuisine. Unfortunately, veganism and French food just don't really mix very often, but I think thats crap!


So here is my attempt at celebrating my inner-Frenchness. I have posted 5 vegan AND gluten free recipes on http://www.myveganplanet.com/; all converted French classics. But don't get too excited, because I'm sneaky. Only one recipe will be available every day for the next 5 days, so you will have to visit the site every day to get the full set. Since I'm nice, I'll give you the first one for free: http://www.myveganplanet.com/2009/07/vegan-artichoke-soup/.

But you don't want to miss this, folks. They are all really good recipes. If you want, you can sign up for the rss feed on the website, which means you'll get an email notifying you every time a new recipe is posted to the site (no spam or email addy sharing, I swear).


With all of the really exciting stuff out of the way, now I can share my favorite French song.




This has to be the one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life. But seriously, I'm waving my French flag as I watch it.


So there you have it. Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment