Monday 1 June 2009

Bollywood Dance and E.L.F. Cosmetics - Two of My New Favorite Things

Well, as you all know, I have a ton of favorite things. In fact, the list of things I love far exceeds the list of things I hate. Sometimes.

Last week, I did something I rarely ever do = I opened a spam email. It was just sitting there, with a subject line that read: jade.pleming@gmail.com, we've got a free gift for you. It was asking for it. I love free gifts! So I read it. It was some email crap from a company called e.l.f. (eyes, lips, and face) cosmetics - and they were going to GIVE me a free bronzing powder.

Well, holy shit. I love bronzing powder. So I browsed the website to see if I could find anything I wanted to order so that I could claim this free gift. (By the way, yes, I realize that nothing in this world is free and the whole point of getting something "free" when you have to buy something to get it is a little ridiculous, but I got caught up in the moment.)

I realized that all of the cosmetics on this site were only one dollar each! Now, I was wondering; are they trial sizes? Crap makeup? Somebody's idea of sick joke? So I started reading reviews and found out that they are legit, the quality is so-so, and a lot of people are happy with them. So I ordered 4 products: mascara, eye-liner, pressed powder, and nail polish. I received my order within 2 days. The only unfortunate part is that since I'm in the UK right now, I had to order off the UK site, which was not offering the free bronzer with purchase. Lets just ignore that, though.

So for something like 8 pounds, I received some pretty badass makeup delivered to my door in 2 days. NICE.

Second thing on my awesome list is Bollywood dancing. My fiance ordered a Bollywood dance workout dvd from amazon a few days ago and that just came in, too. I couldn't start it on the day it arrived because my period was RAGING and my cramps were just about fucking unbearable, but I started it today and I gotta say: its fun, but it ain't easy.

I give props to all you Bollywood chicks out there who can shimmy like rockstarts while maintaining that seductive eye contact and keeping your fat rolls from jiggling too much. Kuuuuudos!

Practice makes perfect, though. The instructor lady's name is Hemalayaa something or other and she's pretty good. I enjoyed it enough that I'll probably do it again tomorrow.

Now if you'll excuse me, the sun is shining in Britain, which is a rare occurance, so I've got to go soak up some rays and pretend I'm on the beach in Greece - which is always where I'd rather be.
For those of you who would like to check out the makeup site - here you go: www.eyeslipsface.com.

Syonara, suckers!

No comments:

Post a Comment