Sunday 18 January 2009

$15.88creditreport.com

A couple weeks ago, I was thinking...seeing as how its the new year and all, I should probably do something responsible to start the year off in good form. So what do I do? Check my credit score.

I'm sure you all can guess what website I used. It could only be that website that offers those catchy jingles on the TV commercials. You know the one..."shoulda gone to freeeeeeeeeee credit report dot com, I coulda seen this comin at me like an atom bomb.......". Note the "free credit report" part. I am such a sucker. That guy that sings the songs looks like a complete dildo, too.

So, because I'm an idiot, I go on the site, check my credit, which - by the way - sucks. But hey, at least I did what I said I would do. I said I would check my credit. Never said I'd do anything about it just yet. I thought it was a little strange that they had me enter my bank info on the site, but hell, I don't know anything about this shit...for all I know, they could need a DNA sample to run a credit check. So I gave it to them. Not any money in the account anyway.

Weeks have gone by. I haven't even given freecreditreport.com a thought...until today. I had to check my bank balance on my USA account because I'm waiting for a refund from travelocity.com to come through (thats a whole other bitchfest, but I'll get to that later). I log in and see that my account is 58 dollars in the NEGATIVE. Not cool. I start investigating and I see this: CIC*Triple Advantage 877-4816825 CA, and a charge of $15.88.

"Um, excuse me, who the FUCK are you?", I'm thinking, as I stare at the unknown party responsible for sending my account into the negative. There was barely any money in the account, so when this went though, the bank was nice enough to charge a $35 overdraft fee to boot.

I copied and pasted the info in my account to google and it pulled up page after page about the freecreditreport.com scam and how they offer (and advertise) free credit reports and all that shit, but that they charge a certain amount to your bank account every month for "credit monitoring". Well, no, thank you. Obviously, if I have to find the FREE way to check my credit, what makes you think I can afford to pay you to monitor it?

So tomorrow I'm calling them and demanding cancellation and a refund. This is total bullshit. Stay tuned for part 2...

No comments:

Post a Comment